Wednesday 14 May 2014

First Post, Warning to people who gonna engage Summit Design Studio or Renovators featured at Renotalk

I had a very bad experience with Summit Design Studio. I will provide a rough outline of what happened in this first blog and upload my email, watsapp, voice recording corresponding with this ID, Kenny Cheng.

I see, true bad review post for Summit Design Studio will get deleted by the admin. So to let everyone who comes for real review knows. I think it is best that the renotalk admins do not remove this post, if not it will not reflect will on the honesty of your website.


My original post on Renotalk was deleted by the admins. I think by delete negative reviews, they are just trying to cover up something. I have screen shot my second post on this thread on renotalk. So if my post went missing again, you know they deleted it again. I have also posted my review this is entry. Will elaborate more on this blog later and on renotalk if I can.





I will post here again and set up a blog to tell about my reno journey, people who with similar problems with this company can then contact via the google blog. Search for their company name.



My renovation with this company, ID: Kenny.



Quite a lot of mishaps. Had to go to CASE but they are ignoring my CASE letter.



ID had a lot of excuses, Forgotten about my request.



Crack on wall tile after their hacking, tells me if he change the one tiles, the rest will be affected as well, so their solution is wipe some white cement to cover the crack, will it is still visible so when I shall get the photos ready.



My 3D diagram came with the wrong color, ID tells me changes after round 3 will be charged. Hello? I have already made it clear the cabinets are to be yellow, yet the 1st 3D diagram came to us brown in color.


Floor tiles, before they complete the whole living room, I have already told them, they are uneven along the entire sides, pls change them.

Their excuse for this is: After applying the grout lines, they wouldn't be noticiable, this is hell of untruth! I have 5-7 areas of uneveniness in my living, which is most annoying to walk over.



Even better, the ID Kenny tells me if you buy a rug for your living room, they will be cover up. Wow. Talking about sweeping things under the carpet!



Chemical wash destroyed my kitchen grout lines.



I paid $3.40 for the tiles at Harfary, ended up with tiles that are worse than $2.80.



I asked for a breakdown of how much tiles are brought, the company was unable to get back to me at all and cannot provide me with a breakdown of the costing.



No design work done,



2 cleaning sessions are shown in the schedule given but only done one chemical wet. His excuse for not doing the other cleaning is: change of plans so no need to do the other cleaning. But we are still being charged for that cleaning.


After so much hooha, I have never seen the boss, nor gotten any answer from him. This shows how much the company cares about their clients.

If you have noticed, all the projects above are high in value and shows only 3D images. no one show their actual macro view of the end products?

5 comments:

  1. Hello, the image is too small to view. We also engaged the same company and running into some problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, image too small to view. However, thank you for this blog. My hubby just went there last Sunday and he find them not so good too. Was not able to accompany him as I was overseas. So i checked the company review then saw this. I was told by my colleague that she is doing with Vivere Design Studio Pte Ltd. Owners (both husband and wife) even go to the place of project to check everything okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, image too small to view. However, thank you for this blog. My hubby just went there last Sunday and he find them not so good too. Was not able to accompany him as I was overseas. So i checked the company review then saw this. I was told by my colleague that she is doing with Vivere Design Studio Pte Ltd. Owners (both husband and wife) even go to the place of project to check everything okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the information.

    Would you mind posting a review of your ID here?

    https://hometrust.sg/firm/summit-design-studio

    As homeowners ourselves, we founded this community with the belief that new homeowners will benefit from the experiences of others when it comes to making reno decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and unlike Renotalk, we do not allow firms to pay to alter or remove reviews.

    ReplyDelete